Lately I have grown to have an obsession over oatmeal for breakfast. I don’t remember being a big oatmeal kid growing up, but if I ate it, it was packed with brown sugar and all the extra processed stuff you don’t need. Now at 29, I finally understand the real way to eat oatmeal!
This organic gluten free 6 Grain Ancient Grain Oatmeal by Purely Elizabeth is delicious and provides the energy you need to get you through the morning; wether that is work, a trip to the gym or errands. Includes organic ingredients such as quinoa, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, kaniwa, hemp, flax and chia. Cooked with water and a bit of coconut milk, you have a fluffy and hearty meal.
- 2/3 cup 6 Grain Ancient Grain Oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Spoonful of almond butter
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (optional)
- Real maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
My favorite toppings:
- Fresh berries
- Sliced banana
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Add water and coconut milk to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add oats and stir, allowing to boil for 5 minutes.
- Set to low/medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Add almond butter and coconut oil and let dissolve completely while stirring with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.