Lately I have been addicted to those new egg bites from Starbucks! They are the perfect on-the-go snack and relatively healthy. It’s actually a surprise I have been able to eat them as any scrambled eggs or quiche like item would make me super nauseous since I got sick. But (knock on wood) I think that has finally passed! So to save some money cause those egg bites are pricey, I made my own.
These particular ones have prosciutto, vegan cheese & red peppers, but there are endless options of items to add. Some ideas include…
- Substitute egg whites
- If you’re a cheese eater: goat or gouda would be bomb!
- If you’re a meat eater: ham or bacon is a great choice!
- Green onion
Another great idea would be to use puff pastry or bread to line the cup for a crunchy outer layer. Really whatever sounds appealing to you, go for it! Here is my recipe…
INGREDIENTS – Makes 12 bites
- A dozen eggs
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 lb prosciutto
- Vegan cheese
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
METHOD – with muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the muffin tin with coconut oil. I find the easiest way is to use a paper towel.
- Rip up the prosciutto and add some to each cup.
- Chop the red pepper finely and place some into each cup.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of vegan cheese into each cup.
- Crack all eggs into a bowl, add desired amount of pepper, and whisk until blended.
- Pour egg into each cup.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and use a knife around the edges to release each bite.