It’s been a while since I posted. Life has been tough the last month & a half, but I promise to post a treatment update soon! For now, here is one of my favorite juices to make.
I haven’t been juicing as much the last 6 months as I was trying to lay off the sugar. Even though fruit has natural sugar, it’s still sugar. And when your candida numbers are off the charts you have to watch the fruit/sugar combo even if it’s natural.
Lately I’ve been having an issue absorbing nutrients even though I have been giving my body what it needs. So my doctor recommended I started juicing again. Which I am not complaining about because it’s delicious! However it does takes more work as it’s more groceries to buy, things to chop, but it’s worth it. The quality & quantity for the price is way better than purchasing individual juice from the health food store.
I use the Omega 8003 masticating juicer. It runs at a low speed and squeezes the fruit/vegetable, allowing less oxygen in which makes the juice last longer. It’s very versitale as you can also make pasta, nut butters, baby food, or grind meat.
Anyway here is the recipe. Enjoy! Xo
INGREDIENTS – will make 2 juices
- 1 big cucumber
- 2 apples
- Bunch of celery, use as little or as much as you like
- 1/2 lemon
- Ginger to taste (I usually add more as the coconut water softens the flavor)
- Coconut water
- Chop all ingredients to the appropriate size for your juicer.
- Starting with the lemon & ginger, juice all items. Exchange soft & firm items to lower the load on your juicer.
- Once finished, divide juice into 2 sealed containers (such as a mason jar). Top off with coconut water.